Monday, January 15, 2007

All is well


I am not dead or anything. Just super busy. First of all parenting is going great. The other day my youngest went through five sets of clothes for various reasons. She fell on the blacktop right as we were going into the DCFS office and was a mess, then she leaked through her diaper, then, I left her cup of milk too close to her at lunch and she poured it down her front, then she had a massive blowout (parents you know what I mean) than necessitated a stop in the bathtub to wash her off. Of course her sister had to take a bath at the same time so now I have two kids in the tub, right then the social worker calls and my older one needs to go potty at the same time. So here I am with my cell phone curled up with my shoulder trying to hold a slippery wet toddler on the toilet hoping she doesn't fall in while making sure my youngest doesn't drown herself by dumping water on hear head all at the same time trying to talk to the social worker. Ahhh, good times! Thank God most days are not five outfit ones. Most days are spent playing dress up, and dollies, or watching princess movies, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I highly recommend this show!!). Not to mention that our senior pastor is away in India on a mission trip so I have had a few more duties and responsibilities at church. So far only one member has been called home to heaven, but there are a few on hospice and could hear heavens bells soon. I also have a member who got into some serious legal trouble and she (yes, a she) is being held in jail at the moment. Lets just say this situation could be on Law and Order for sure or at least Cops. So needless to say I have not been able to post for a while. Thank you to Dr. King for this day off so I can get my breath. Thank you to all who have been praying for our girls and their situation. Please keep praying. We still have many hurdles ahead of us. Until next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well with your little ones.We're prayin' for you!The mental picture of bath time is classic...lets just say I'm glad Jen and I outnumber Tessa during that pleasurable chore.

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...