Sunday, May 29, 2005

Well I have finished about half of Greek I. It has been a lot of fun. Really! It is a lot of hard work but I have enjoyed it. I am looking forward to using my new skills in some sermon prep soon. On that note I am preaching Sunday June 12th at Bethany. It has been a few months since I have given a message at Bethany and since that time I have taken another preaching class. I am getting more comfortable finding my style and I look forward to sharing God's word with the congregation. I am preaching on Isaiah 42:1-7. Good stuff.

In other news I will be leaving for Alaska on June 24th for a mission trip with my Church. I went last year and I learned a lot and had a great time in some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen. I will be going with 16 others and we will be leading Vacation Bible School at two places, Pt. McKenzie and Big Lake. They are both near Wasilla Alaska. I will get home on July 2nd and then I leave for Mexico City on July 4th. While in Mexico I will be enrolled in a Spanish Language school for a month. I will also be doing some traveling and scuba diving while I am there. I will be staying with Jill's brother who is currently working in Mexico City. I will get back to the states on August 8th just in time to start the fall semester.

Well that is pretty much my summer. I hope to catch some Angel games before I leave and when I get back. I do miss working at the stadium. That was the best part-time job I ever had! More to come later.

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...