Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Check Your Sources People!!

Like many of you, my inbox is filled on a daily basis with forwarded messages. Now many of them are harmless fun and some jokes but I get so cheesed off when someone forwards pictures and stories that claim to be true that just aren't. You know the ones I am talking about. The picture of the great white shark jumping out of the water to get that diver in South Africa, or the pictures of the shuttle explosion, or the strange creatures washed up after the tsunami. The story of Starbucks refusing to send coffee to our troops in Iraq, or the giant pig etc. I can't tell you how many of those I have received. I have one piece of advice people. Don't ever blindly forward some story or picture unless you know it is true!!!! The internet can be a good place for information but any ol' yeahoo with a computer can concoct a story and publish it on the internet. Just because it is on your screen does not make it true!! There I feel better. Now my suggestion for you is to check out all stories and pictures with a site such as snopes.com. They do the research on these and many other stories and legends. If we all do our part we can end the madness. The truth is out there!!!!

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...