Tuesday, November 13, 2007

At the Movies...


Being the parent of two preschoolers has taken time away from one of my favorite activities...going to the movies. There was a time in our lives when Jill and I went to the movies every Friday night. It was grand; a nice dinner a good flick and quality time with the wife. These days we are lucky to keep up with our TiVo watching while "encouraging" our girls to go to sleep. How I long for the good old days. Lately, Jill and I have been seeing movies by ourselves. Jill goes out on a Saturday afternoon during nap time and I get to go on some Tuesdays. It is odd going to the movies by yourself. Back in my bachelor days I used to go to see a movie by myself and it took a while to get used to it. Well, Seth...what is your point? I went to see Bee Movie today. Here is the synopsis from Yahoo Movies:

Barry B. Benson is a graduate bee fresh out of college who is disillusioned at his lone career choice: making honey. On a rare trip outside the hive, Barry's life is saved by Vanessa, a florist in New York City. As their relationship blossoms, he discovers humans are mass consumers of honey and decides to sue the human race for stealing bees' honey.

If you have not seen any of the promotion of this movie then you must live under a rock. Everywhere you turn there is Jerry Seinfield as a bee. Every commercial break and every bus sign seems to have something about this movie. With all the hype and my love of the Seinfield TV show I was expecting a lot and in the end I was left a bit disappointed. It was not a bad movie, but not a good one either. A predictable story and jokes that could "bee" seen a mile away. I am sure it was not worth the $9 I tossed on the credit card but my day was not ruined by it. I think if you have elementary age kids they will like it.


No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...