Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's for dinner?


With the busyness of our household dinner time can be a bit interesting.  With my schedule keeping me away from home a few nights every week, it is hard to sit down with a nice meal.  The crock pot has been my friend the past few months and I have learned to make some yummy meals in it (kahula pork, BBQ beef, stew, soup, just to name a few).  But finding time to make something is a bit of a challenge.  A few weeks back my wife went to Dream Dinners.  At this wonderful place, you get everything you need to create a great meal in a short amount of time.  All of the measuring has been done and the directions are easy.  Tonight we had the following dinner:

Grilled Sirloin with caramelized onions and gorgonzola cheese: Tender, aged sirloin steaks are grilled to perfection, nestled in a bed of caramelized onions, garlic and rosemary and finished with a melting layer of gorgonzola cheese.

It was easy, and delicious.  If you have a busy schedule (check) and like to eat (check) give them a try.  

Enough with the commercial for Dream Dinners; at said dinner tonight I sliced up some nice sirloin cooked a perfect medium and put it on my oldest's plate and about two minutes later I hear her say, "Uh-Oh daddy, this chicken has a boo-boo."  First of all, in our house all meat is chicken, even after we say its beef, and secondly, since the meat was a bit pink it had a "boo-boo".  Jill and I laughed and laughed at that one.  She wanted me to fix it which I promptly did and she at all her "chicken" and was part of the "clean plate club".

Not to keep my youngest out of it, while she was sitting on the potty tonight mommy had said that her back was hurting and she then says, "I will ask Jesus to make your back better, O.K. mommy?"  It was the best.  Just now as I was typing this I called to Jill to ask exactly what she said and after I got it my youngest calls out from bed, "You're welcome mom!"  I LOVE my life!!  Until next week...

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

mmmm... yummmy dinner and as always, GREAT stories of the girls. Can't wait to be back tomorrow.

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...