Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Week that was...

So here we sit...without a blog from last week.  Believe me, I heard from the adoring crowd.  Many of you waiting with baited breath for the happenings in my life.  But lets say that life has gotten the best of me for a few weeks and blogging has not been a part of it.  So to appease the masses here are the highlights of the past two weeks:

-I went on two field trips this week, one was to help the Jr. High at Bethany and chaperone a trip the California Science Center.  Very cool indeed.  The other was to the Santa Ana Zoo with the preschool.  The girls loved to watch the monkeys and learned what an Emu is.

-I have been knee deep in my Seminary class and in particular Franz Pieper's Christian Dogmatics Vol. III.  I have read and digested almost 400 pages in the past three weeks.  I even had a presentation on a portion of it (can you say ex opere operato?)

-My last research paper for Seminary is almost done.  Let me know if you want to read a paper titled "The Sinners Role in Conversion".  Lots of Greek and the dreaded crux theologorum (don't ask).

-Taxes....blah!!!!!!!

- Confirmation was this past weekend at Church.  I had two mentees that I have been working with this year go through the witness service and were both confirmed in the faith on Sunday.  I could not be more proud.  Good job Alex and Ryan!  I am proud of you both!

-The girls have a court date this Thursday and I have been feverishly been getting all the needed paperwork in including going to necessary doctors and dentist appointments.  Talk about time killers.

-  I started teaching a new round of Bible studies last week and things are going quite well but it is taking more time than I anticipated.

-  The best news of the week came in the form of an email I received this week and I share it with you:



Dear Brother in Christ:
As Director of Certification at Concordia Seminary, I am very happy to let you know that you were included in the motion that the faculty passed at its meeting on Thursday, April 10. The motion reads as follows: Moved, that the faculty express its satisfaction that each of the following men will meet all personal, professional, and theological requirements for the office of ordained minister, declare each of them to be of entry level competency and qualified for a first call, and recommend each of them, subject to the satisfactory completion of the appropriate course of studies, his receipt of a Theological Diploma or Certificate, and his receipt and acceptance of a call assigned to him by the Board of Assignments.
We praise God for his work in your life, and we rejoice with you as you move closer to service as a pastor in our church. May the Lord keep you safe and joyful as you complete your studies and prepare to serve.
Cordially in the Risen Christ,

Dr. Jeff Gibbs

Concordia Seminary
Office of the President
801 Seminary Place
St. Louis, MO 63105




So even though I have not had time to blog, things are going well for me.  Please understand that you may not get another update for two weeks or so.  Please don't think ill of me.  Talk to you soon....

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...