Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Celebration Charts

Last week Jill and I decided it was time to get some motivation rolling with the girls.  Getting dressed in the mornings and putting on PJs at night was starting to become a chore.  The girls are big enough to do it on their own but would prefer some help.  Jill and I were done "helping" in the normal way and decided to help with the use of a "Celebration Chart".  Jill made up some good old sticker charts with spots for each time the girls get dressed without any help.  It has been working great and we have been singing "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang as our theme song.  Today our oldest finished up her first page and we went to Target to choose a celebration treat.  We listened to "Celebration" on the iPod as we went and our oldest was so excited!  She chose a dinosaur coloring page with some markers from the dollar aisle and she was just beaming.  Tonight the girls each earned a sticker and our youngest will be making a trip to Target soon.  The only downside to all of this is the fact that I can't get Kool & the Gang out of my head so would you please hit play on the following video so I won't be lonely in my funk groove.  Please....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the video is no longer available!!! and now I am a little sad.
anyway, just read up on your life and jeezlouise! just reading about your life's to do lists stresses me out just a bit. BUT it's all very purposeful and makes me...proud...I think that's the word I'm looking for...for you.

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...