Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am in Alaska mode!


Well I made it.  It is Tuesday and here I am giving an update.  Not much to say today other than the countdown for Mission Alaska 2008 is on.  I leave on Friday with 27 others from church to go to Alaska to teach VBS.  I hope to blog about our experience next week on my work blog (www.bethanylutheran.blogspot.com).  If it doesn't update then we have not found internet access but I am hopeful.  This week brings with it the avalanche of phone calls to the airlines, the rental car company, the mission trip organizer, the site administrators, and a few others.  Not to mention fielding questions from our own group.  I am really looking forward to this year.  Last year I had to leave early to attend class (boo!) but this year I am in for the duration.  We have the largest group going this year every and that has its own challenges, but I am looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new ones.  Well it is getting late and I need some rest.  

One last thing, nothing new on the adoption front.  The court date went well and we got good news regarding it but we still have not heard anything about finalization yet.  I will keep you posted.  I doubt I will post next week from Alaska unless we find a great connection.  Talk to you in a few weeks.

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...