Monday, August 15, 2005

Just your standard update


It's back to reality for me. I spent most of last week trying to get back in the swing of things at work. Being out of the country for a while does weird things to you. I find myself trying to translate everything I hear. I guess that is a good thing but it definitely means that I am not fluent in Spanish. At any rate I was in charge of all four services this weekend. I did the whole shebang. I wrote the liturgy and did the sermon. It was the first time I had done that for the morning services and I was a bit nervous but it went well. At one point during the 10:45 service I totally lost my place in the sermon and spewed out about 2/3 of a sentence and just said, "I don't know where I was going with that one, let me start again." It was scary but I heard from many people that they would rather here that than a bunch of nonsense.

This week finds me finishing up paperwork from the Alaska Mission trip as well as working on the presentation we are giving to the congregation, planning my fall Bible study (on C.S. Lewis' "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), planning a new young adult and DINK's (double income no kids) fellowship group, and gearing up for school. Speaking of school I am taking three classes at Concordia this semester (Christian Ethics in Contemporary Culture, Greek II, and Pastoral Theology). And I am taking three classes at Cypress College (Intro to Computer Design, Beginning Voice, Beginning Piano). I will spend Tuesdays and Thursdays at school again this semester, leaving the house around 8:00 AM and returning around 10:30 PM. I am ready to get back into the swing of things. That's about it from here. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...