Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Eins...Zwei...Drei...Suffa!



Yeah, I know... you come to my blog every day and see the same post. At least my new counter at the bottom of the page is getting some use. So here is the latest. My second round of seminary classes is underway. I started Greek II and Pastoral Theology last night. So far so good for Greek. Of course all we did yesterday was review Greek I and I still remember most of that. I did take most of last Friday to study with one of my class mates Shin-Hwan Kim. He is from Korea and was a missionary in Ecuador before coming to the States for seminary. Our conversations are mostly in English but when we need to we speak Spanish too. He helps to keep me speaking Spanish a few times a week. We worked on our Greek vocab cards and some basic grammar. I carry my vocab cards with me all the time so I can study when I get a chance. My computer design class has been a blast. It is pretty cool what you can do with a computer. I said in an earlier post that I would try to get my latest project on the blog to show you but it turns out that the file is almost 32 megabytes. I think it would take at least a day to upload that one on blogger. So if you are really interested I can send it to you as an attachment. You will need to have a high speed connection to download it. Since it is October the annual trip to Alpine Village in Torrance is set for Oct. 14th. Time for some brats, pretzels, and good ol' German beer!!! Not to mention the um-pa-pa band and the stein holding contest. We have gone a few years in a row. If you are in So Cal come out and join us. We will be there from about 7:00 to who knows when (probably 9:00 when Jill will get cold). Make sure you print out a coupon from the website to get in for free. There will be about 20 people from church there, but no worries they are all Lutherans! It's not the Hoffbrau Haus, but it is the best we have here in the Southland. And I leave you with this:

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
Eins, zwei, Drei g'suffa!
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...