Friday, July 15, 2005

The Ankle Report & Man on Fire



My ankle is much better today. Not much of a problem to walk. Still hurts though. Jeff drove me to school today so I was there early. I saw one of my classmates and he told me what the homework was. That was a big help. I have a presentation to do for class next week. It has to be an interactive presentation of at least five min. No problem.

Jeff and I have to go back out to the northern bus station this weekend to buy our tickets to go to San Carlos. I was planing to go into the central historical district this week but my ankle prevented that from happening. We may go make the Man on Fire tour tomorrow. Man on Fire is one of my favorite movies. If you have not seen this movie, go rent it. Put the kids to bed, brush up on your Espanol, and hold on! This movie does portray life in parts of Mexico City very well (not necessarily where I am) and Denzel Washington is amazing.

From Yahoo Movies:
Denzel Washington stars as a government operative/soldier of fortune who has pretty much given up on life. In Mexico City, he reluctantly agrees to take a job to protect a child (Fanning) whose parents are threatened by a wave of kidnappings. He eventually becomes close to the child and their relationship reawakens and rekindles his spirit. When she is abducted, his fiery rage is unleashed on those he feels responsible, and he stops at nothing to save her.

This movie is not for the squemish or the faint of heart. Great story none the less. You will get a taste for life in this big city. So in the morning Jeff and I will head out to Coyoacan and San Angel and see some of the neighborhoods where the movie was filmed, get some lunch and avoid kidnappers (the last part is just a joke). Should be fun.

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...