Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mexico Update

I started Spanish class yesterday. I am enrolled in the Angloamericano Centros de Idiomas school. This school has many campuses throughout Mexico and besides Spanish they teach English, French, German, and Italian. There are seven people in my class. I am the only one from the United States. There are two students from Japan, one from China, one from Germany, one from Turkey and one from Brazil. It is great that all of the instruction has to be in Spanish. When I was taking classes in the states, if there was a question it was answered in English. Now I am forced to use the Spanish that I know to ask the questions and all of the answers are in Spanish. This is helping me alot. The school is about a 30 min walk from Jeff's apartment. Class starts at 9:00 am and lasts for two hours. After class I have been walking around the neighborhood called Palonco, and getting my bearings. I will venture out in a few days. If the weather is nice, Jeff and I will go to Teotihuacan this weekend where there are Aztec ruins. It is outside the city a ways. Thats all for now. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...