Monday, July 25, 2005

San Carlos here we come!


Tomorrow morning I head off to the Terminal del Norte to catch a bus up to the Mexican state of Sonora. Sonora is just south of Arizona and home to beautiful San Carlos. I will be meeting a bunch of friends there and we will be spending a week scuba diving and fishing. One of the guys in our group is a part owner of a house and a boat in San Carlos. We will have the run of the house and the use of the boat all week. I will take the bus to a town called Guaymas and then I will get picked up there for the 20 km drive into San Carlos. The bus ride is about 28 hours from Mexico City. This will be a true cultural experience. I hope I can handle it. Jeff is busy at work and he will be meeting us there after he is done. I look forward to having some good times with the boys, eating some good grub, and relaxing at about 60 ft. I have been to San Carlos a number of times and it is a sleepy fishing village filled with retirees from the US and Canada. The population doubles in the winter with many snowbirds from the states. San Carlos also holds a large fishing tournament every year. For us it will be relaxing with a margarita and trying to forget the traffic and pollution of Mexico City. All should be well as long as I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for the taxi to the bus station. I will write an update when I return unless I find an internet connection in San Carlos. Bye for now!

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...