Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Turibus

After class today I decided to take the Turibus to see the main sights of Mexico City. The Turibus is a large open top, double decker bus that winds its way through the city. It has an audio guide that tells you about the areas and sights. From school I walked to the stop and right as I arrived the bus pulled up. It costs $115 pesos (about $11 U.S.) and you can hop on and off as much as you like in one day. It takes about three hours to make the circut. I stayed on all the way and saw the sights of the city, the Zocalo, Monumento a la Independencia, Bosque de Chapultepec, Condesa, Roma, and many others. I will say this, the traffic in this city sucks! There were times when it took us more than 30 min to go about 1/4 mile. At least the weather was nice today. It rained like crazy yesterday afternoon. You can go to the Turibus website and click on D.F. and you can see the route I was on today. Talk to you all later!!

No comments:

 Every once in a while I like to jump over here to this old blog and relive old times.  It is fun to look back at the days before there were...